A Legit Course Or A Scam?
Proofread Anywhere is a course that promises to teach students the ins and outs of becoming a professional proofreader and getting paid good money.
But is Proofread Anywhere legit and a helpful course for you?
Many people want to proofread to make money and need reliable proofreading courses to get them started as new professionals.
When I first considered recommending Proofread Anywhere, I researched the course, looked at other Proofread Anywhere reviews, and the pros and cons of taking it versus other courses.
After weighing all the information, I decided to tell you about it in this Proofread Anywhere Review and give you our Savvy recommendation for it.
Proofread Anywhere Review
What is Proofread Anywhere?
Proofread Anywhere is an online proofreading course that promises to teach students to become professional proofreaders.
The course is broken down into several modules, which include topics such as grammar, punctuation, and style guides.
In addition to the instructional modules, Proofread Anywhere also offers a Facebook group for students, a job board, and a Q&A forum.
Proofread Anywhere is designed to take you from a beginner who can catch obvious mistakes to an expert at proofreading who can find even the most minor errors hidden within any author’s writing style.
The course goes over everything from the basic definition of proofreading to which tools you need to get started.
It even includes 20 lessons with short exercises on each one and multiple assignments that will help you create and perfect your proofreading skills.
It teaches you how to make money with your newfound talent. Caitlin goes over everything you need to know about finding proofreading gigs, and she even offers you a client list of where to start.
You can start by taking this FREE Proofreading Workshop to get an introduction into your future proofreading business.
Who is Caitlin Pyle?
Caitlin Pyle is the creator of Proofread Anywhere, “a busy proofreader-turned-blogger who loves teaching other word nerds how to turn their proofreading prowess into profit.”
Pyle’s experience as a corporate proofreader for court reporters inspired her to create Proofread Anywhere in 2014 to show others how she grew her proofreading business into a successful business.
Who is Proofread Anywhere For?
Proofread Anywhere is designed for anyone who wants to learn how to proofread, whether they have experience or not.
The course is designed for individuals who want to start their own proofreading business, freelance proofreaders needing some refreshers, and anyone who wants to learn more about proofreading.
Is Proofread Anywhere for You?
Ultimately, that depends on where you are in your proofreading journey and what you want to get out of it.
Total beginners who have never proofread before will find the general proofreading course especially helpful as it starts from the basics and builds from there.
People looking for a side hustle that you can do in your spare time will find the course helpful, as will people looking for a career change.
If you’re looking for a course to teach you how to become an expert in proofreading and willing to put in the time and effort to complete the modules and assignments, then Proofread Anywhere could be a good fit for you.
Experienced proofreaders looking to take their proofreading skills to the next level may also find the course helpful, but they may find that some of the material is redundant.
How Much Do Proofreaders Make?
Proofreaders’ salaries depend on several factors, including experience, location, and the type of work they’re doing.
Proofreading is typically a freelancer job, so the more you work, the more you get paid. Some sites will tell you what they’ll pay, whereas some job boards will let you set your rates.
Entry-level proofreaders can make around $30,000 per year, while the average proofreader makes $32,000 per year, and experience proofreaders can make upwards of $60,000 per year.
For proofreading jobs, editors and proofreaders earn an average of $20 – $33 an hour. The average hourly pay for proofreaders with experience is $26 an hour.
How Much Does Proofread Anywhere Cost?
Ignite includes lifetime access to the general proofreading course, which has modules and general lessons.
It teaches essential proofreading abilities used in real-world situations and is applied to common proofreading challenges you may face when you start a proofreading business.
Ignite Plus: $497
Ignite Plus includes lifetime access to the general proofreading course as well as the following features:
- A hand graded exam
- A certificate of completion
- A listing on the Self-Publishing School (SPS) Preferred Outsourcer Rolodex
- Membership of a private graduate marketing mastermind Facebook group
Ignite Plus is the one that I personally recommend. You really get the most for your money compared to other proofreading courses.
You get a lot of extra benefits like the certificate of completion and will see a better return on your investment (ROI)!
Proofread Anywhere Course Work
General Proofreading Course: Theory and Practice
- 40+ lessons in 9 modules
- 8 grammar-specific worksheets
- Bonus resource guides for all types of service-provider markets
- 40+ real-life example jobs
- Student workbook and syllabus
- Pep talk videos from the course owner
- 8 module quizzes
- 100-question in-depth vocabulary quiz
- 3 case studies
- How to Find Your Ideal Clients Guide e-book
- The Complete Beginner’s Guide to Building Your WordPress Site e-book
- New and updated lessons
Proofread Anywhere Course Modules
Proofread Anywhere is absolutely packed full of helpful information! I can’t stop singing its praises.
I’ve never taken a course that is so thorough and easy to follow.
The modules are set up to complete at your own pace, and there are quizzes at the end of each one to ensure that you understand the material.
The bonus books and resources are an incredible value-add, and the group on Facebook is a great place to find support from other proofreaders.
The General Proofreading course material is broken up into 9 main modules:
- Module 1: Introduction to General Proofreading – You’ll get a clear picture of what proofreading is and isn’t and the abilities required to be a great proofreader. This overview will explain who requires a proofreader, what skills you’ll need to succeed, and the differences between proofreading and editing/copyediting.
- Module 2: Get into the proofreading mindset – You’ll find out what kind of mentality is required for success as a freelance proofreader, how to develop it, and how to apply it with our new and unique Professional Proofreader’s Mindset workshop. You’ll also learn about the many sorts of markets you can specialize in as a proofreader and the industry’s common jargon.
- Module 3: Proofreading basics – This lesson goes over the most frequent mistakes you’ll need to look for as a freelance proofreader. Then you’ll be prepared to put your abilities to the test with the practice worksheets!
- Module 4: Proofreading methods + practice – You’ll discover four different proofreading methods with in-depth lectures and tutorials to master the techinques. Learn how to make these approaches work best for you, and then put what you’ve learned to good use with sample practice tasks.
- Module 5: Turning proofreading into a business – Learn how to establish your firm with our in-depth, fully up-to-date website-building guide, including how to develop your resume and pricing. You’ll discover everything you need to know about establishing a resume and website.
- Module 6: Looking for jobs – One of the most exciting parts of your new job will be finding customers. You’ll learn how to use proven approaches for finding clients and approaching them and advice on how to set yourself up for success. Caitlyn’s new eBook from this course, How to Find Your Ideal Clients, will guarantee that you find clients who respect you.
- Module 7: Your workflow – You’ve got a job. Now what? Learn how to be a master of your word, bill customers for your services, and develop a reputable name so that more customers wish to do proofreading business with you.
- Module 8: Getting the most out of the freelancing life – Congratulations! You’ve made it to the end. In the new lesson, you’ll learn how a typical proofreader organizes their day and how to gain confidence in your job as a freelancer. The newest lesson on project management tools will help you stay organized and efficient throughout your projects.
- Module 9: Concluding lessons – In Module 9, you’ll put together all the information you’ve acquired throughout the course. It’s your chance to get out there and give outstanding service while being yourself. Take everything you’ve learned in the course and go forward with it and earn money.
There are several bonuses included in The General Proofreading Course:
- Look Better in Writing Handbook of Commonly Misused (and Abused!) Words — This book has a 57-page handbook of commonly misused words and a 100-question workbook to help you learn how to use them correctly.
- The Ultimate Freelancer Tax Guide — It’s a tax guide that will help you figure out the tax consequences of starting your own firm.
- The Mindset Mastery Guide — It’s a handbook that will help you get into the proper frame of mind in your proofreading career by overcoming impostor syndrome, letting go of the past, and conquering your dread of obtaining new clients.
- 5 Mindset Shifts for Goal-Crushing Confidence — The book discusses additional mental shifts that may help you obtain the confidence to pursue your ambitions in your proofreading career.
- Level 1 Beginner Basecamp of the Transcript Proofreading course is included as a free extra. This training will teach you how to proofread court transcripts for court reporters.
- The Money Mindset Transformation workshop and workbook are included in the Second Super Bonus. This course is meant to help you get past your money blocks by teaching you how to think differently about money.
Our Experience With Proofread Anywhere
This is our honest review of Proofread Anywhere, and we do recommend this course because of the great experience we and others have had.
If you check our other Proofread Anywhere reviews, you’ll find some different experiences and details, but it all comes down to the same answer- you should take the course!
Kelan and I have been following Caitlin Pyle’s Proofread Anywhere course for a while now, and we’ve found it extremely helpful.
The online course is laid out logically, step-by-step, and Pyle is always available to answer any questions.
We would definitely recommend Proofread Anywhere to anyone looking to start a proofreading business.
Other Reviews Of Proofread Anywhere
Want more than just our word for how great the Proofread Anywhere Course is?
Here are a few testimonials from others users who have benefitted from this great course!
Audrey worked a full-time job, had her kiddos running around, and enjoyed a fulfilling family life, but her typical 9-5 just wasn’t working for her anymore.
Audrey hasn’t quit her full-time job just yet, but could in the future. After working as a proofreader for 18 months, she has a fully booked schedule with room to grow.
Elizabeth is a stay-at-home mom who works part-time (sometimes full-time!) as a proofreader after taking the general proofreading course with Proofread Anywhere.
The course had great reviews to pull her in, but it was the coursework itself, as well as the business-focused directions that were exactly what she needed to take her side hustle to a professional level.
Georgina took the Proofread Anywhere course at her own pace and it changed her career direction, helping her rise above some obstacles she was facing at the time.
Since taking the course, she has learned so much about proofreading, new client acquisition, and how to market herself as a strong professional in the proofreading world.
Pros & Cons of Proofread Anywhere
- Easy to follow manner
- Self-paced course, with no time limitations
- Lifetime access to the course
- The general proofreading course has many extras in addition to lessons
- Proofread Anywhere’s private Facebook group
- Realistic examples and coursework to apply to your own business
- Lessons can be reviewed at any hour of the day or night, including evenings and weekends
- Some of the material may be redundant for experienced proofreaders
- The cost of the Plus package may be a lot of investment for beginners
- It may take time to complete the course; this is all up to your timetable
- No money-back guarantee
Is there another Caitlin Pyles course besides the General Proofreading course?
Yes, there is more than general proofreading if you’re looking for other money-making opportunities.
The Transcription Proofreading Course is another online course by Caitlin to start a different proofreading profession.
We’ll just briefly introduce it here, but if you’re interested in learning more, we suggest checking out the full course description for Transcript Proofreading.
Transcript Proofreading Course
After completing the Proofread Anywhere Course and the Level 1 Beginner Basecamp of the Transcript Proofreading course, you may be interested in taking the Transcription Proofreading Course.
The Transcript Proofreading Course is an online course to become a transcript proofreader.
It teaches you how to proofread medical and legal transcripts, with basics such as marking up transcripts, learning general formatting, and more.
Transcript Proofreading Theory and Practice is broken down into modules and lessons, and here’s a quick breakdown for you to check out
Level 1: An Introduction to Court Reporting and Transcript Proofreading
- Module 1: Introduction to Transcript Proofreading
Level 2: Jumpstart
- Module 2: The Nuts and Bolts of Transcripts
Level 3: Next Steps
Level 4: Launch and Earn
- Modules 6 and 7: Business Correspondence & Procedures
- Module 8: Marketing
- Module 9: Your Success Mindset
The entire Transcript Proofreading Course does not have to be purchased at one time. It can be purchased by level after you have completed and passed the test for the previous level.
If you would like to be a transcript proofreader, this is the course for you!
Is Proofread Anywhere Legit?
Proofread Anywhere is legit and will do everything it promises to get your business off the ground.
The course is easy to follow, and like any other class you’d take, you need to read and practice to incorporate the skills into your profession.
Like any other thing in your life, you get what you put in, as you’re learning the necessary skills at your own pace.
If you want an introductory lesson into proofreading, Caitlin for a FREE workshop to check out before buying the full course load.
Why should I use Proofread Anywhere?
Proofread Anywhere is an online proofreading and editing course that can help you learn the skills you need to start your own freelance proofreading business.
Professional proofreaders teach the course with years of experience, and it covers everything from basic grammar skills to how to market yourself as a proofreader.
Plus, there are a variety of bonus resources available, including a proofreading online job board and a private group on Facebook for students.
If you’re looking to improve your proofreading skills or are interested in starting your own freelance business, Proofread Anywhere is the course for you!
What Is Proofreading?
Proofreading is a process of reviewing written material to find and correct mistakes in grammar, punctuation, spelling, and style.
It’s a great way to make money from home and have flexibility with your schedule and even your pay rate.
Proofreaders must have a keen eye for detail, read and understand text quickly, and have excellent grammar skills.
A degree isn’t necessary for proofreading professionally, but you must be familiar with the basics of proofreading, like general English language rules. This is why many people turn to proofreading courses.
What’s the difference between Proofreading & Editing?
Proofreading is the process of checking a text for spelling, grammar, and punctuation mistakes.
This includes making sure that all the words are spelled correctly, that there are no incorrect or missing punctuation marks, and that the grammar is correct.
Editing is making changes to a text to improve its readability, accuracy, and style.
It may involve correcting errors, improving the writing flow, and ensuring that the language used is appropriate for the audience.
Editors may also make suggestions for changes that could be made to improve the clarity or impact of the writing.
Why should I become a Proofreader?
Proofreading is a great way to make money fast, as there are so many job opportunities, and the work is relatively easy to do.
As a proofreader, you’ll be responsible for reviewing the work of others for spelling, grammar, and punctuation mistakes.
You don’t need to have an English degree or be a professional proofreader to become successful as a proofreader.
Proofreading is a skill that can be learned, and many online resources can help you get started.
One of the best things is that the work can be done from anywhere in the world. It will put you on the road to making more money as a proofreader.
You can work on your own schedule, and you don’t need to have any prior experience or training.
Plus, many online proofreading jobs are available, so you can find something that fits your skills and interests.
Does Proofread Anywhere have a sale or coupon code?
If you want to buy the Proofread Anywhere course from the official website, at this moment in time, there is no sale or coupon code available.
However, Caitlin has mentioned that she sometimes runs a promo where people can get a discount on the course price. So keep your eyes peeled for those!
The best way to get started is by taking Caitlin’s FREE Proofreading Workshop.
Other Work From Home Options
Proofreading is a great option for many people, but it’s not the only one. Other work-from-home options available can be just as rewarding and beneficial.
These other options include working as a bookkeeper, virtual assistant, or transcriptionist.
Each option has its pros and cons, so it’s important to do your research before deciding which one is right for you.
Many work-from-home side hustle ideas does not require any upfront investment or overhead costs.
You can start offering your services to clients and begin earning money right away.
Here are a few other ideas to get you started:
Bookkeeping is a great way to earn money from home, and the work is relatively easy to do.
As a bookkeeper, you’ll be responsible for recording financial transactions and managing the books of a company or individual.
You don’t need to have an accounting degree or be a professional bookkeeper to become successful in this field, but you can take courses like the FREE workshop from Bookkeeper Launch to get started.
Plus, there are many online bookkeeping jobs available, so you can find something that fits your skills and interests.
Transcription is a great way to work from home while being able to stay at home with the kids.
You can set your own hours, and the work is relatively straightforward. All you need is a computer and internet access.
You can work when they are napping or playing and take breaks whenever needed. It’s also a great way to use your skills and knowledge.
Many transcription companies provide work online, and most have excellent training programs.
They will teach you the basics of transcription, how to use the software, and how to find work.
You can also find free tutorials online that will help you get started. The best way to learn is by doing, so start transcribing now and see how you do.
FREE Training Workshop
A virtual assistant, or VA, is a person who provides administrative, technical, or creative assistance to clients from a remote location.
VAs work with a wide range of clients, including business owners, entrepreneurs, and executives.
They typically provide customer service, bookkeeping, website maintenance, and social media management.
If you’re interested in becoming a virtual assistant, the $10K VA’s FREE workshop is a great place to start.
Final Thoughts – Is Proofread Anywhere Worth the Cost?
So what do you think of working at home as a proofreader? You can start with the FREE workshop and take Proofread Anywhere to solidify your business and ensure it has successful growth.
The course provides you with all the tools and resources you need to succeed in this field, from lessons and exercises to a thriving online community of fellow proofreaders.
The bottom line is that Proofread Anywhere is an excellent course that can help you take your proofreading skills to the next level – and earn a good income in the process.
Tools and Features